I know, I know, the PE exam has eaten me alive, and i haven’t been blogging. Add to that i’ll be writing at Our Poly Home & House Rose soon (we’ll get to those in another post) and yeah, no writing from your domestic geek.
But! I did get a lovely package this month! Catherine, of Pursuing Domestic Goddessness sent me a great package! It turns out she’s in Worcester, home of my college alma mater, so we had some fun chatting about that. And she grew up just a few towns from where i live now! It’s really a small world.
And here’s what there was:
- Sweets from The Crown Bakery, a Worcester favorite. These didn’t last long. Fresh bakery items, i had to eat them fast, ya know, before they went bad.
- Newton Fruit Thins – Fig & Honey, which i was nervous about, not being a fan of Fig Newtons, but these are SO yummy. They are very thin, but a great texture and taste!
- Harney & Sons black currant tea, which is about to be opened today so i can drink some and study. I hadn’t ever had currant flavored things until recently, but i like it, so i’m sure this will be some wonderful tea!
- 34 degree crisps peppery crackers, which i haven’t gotten to try yet, but i am saving for a special occasion. One Ian, with a pepper allergy, isn’t around for.
- Lake Champlain Rum Caramel Chocolate. The chocolate… that i savored for a few days, a piece a day. WOW. Wow. Wow. Again, something i wasn’t sure i would like, the rum caramel, was so incredibly happy making.
I really loved that she took the time in her letter to explain why she picked what she did and her connections with these things. I can’t wait to try the recipe she included too!
And now it’s time for some details about Foodie Penpals. In case you’re a new reader, here’s a reminder of what the program is all about:
-On the 5th of every month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
-You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
-The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
-You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
-Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you are to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
-Foodie Penplas is open to US, Canadian & European residents. Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only. Same with Europeans. We’ve determined things might get too slow and backed up if we’re trying to send foods through customs across the border from US to Canada and vice versa.
If you’re from the US or Canada and are in participating for November, please CLICK HERE (www.theleangreenbean.com/foodie-penpals/) to fill out the participation form and read the terms and conditions.
You must submit your information by April 4th as pairings will be emailed on April 5th!