This month my foodie pen pal was Jen, and it was her first go. Trust me when i say you want her next month. It’s clear she put a ton of effort into this box and it was totally awesome. Like i squee’d outloud as i opened it. Here’s why (no, the cat was not included!):
- Gingersnaps – These are so tasty, i love how thin they are and have such a great texture. I’ve been having them in my lunches almost every day.
- Ginger licorice – This has changed my life. I saw the package and assumed they’d be little chunks of something weird, but no! These are like the size of my pinky except wider and AMAZING. Soft and chewy and really gingery. I am rationing them because i need to find out where i can get more.
- Pumpkin and Apple butter – i haven’t opened these yet, but am super excited to try them both! I love fruit butters, so i’m sure they will be awesome.
- Garlic peas – i want to like dried peas, honest, but just can’t seem to get behind them. My husband has been enjoying them with lunch though! I think it’s the garlic that does it.
- Pineapple Chips – Another YUM! I loved dried fruits, and have recently gotten some dried pineapple through Naturebox, but this is way better! They are crispier and just as sweet. I think i want to eat them with yogurt. Or bake something? Ah, so good, too many options!
- Mix – I’ve been working outdoors in 90 degree temps the last two weeks, which has meant no salads for lunches (really no lunches!) but that’s my plan for this. I love these sorts of mixes, and all the ingredients are tasty, so i’m sure i’ll love it!
- Awesome recipe cards – These made my day, they totally go with my kitchen and my personal style. Maybe i’ll be good and start sharing recipes for future FPP’s too!
She was also kind enough to email me the shipping info, so i could
obsessively see where it was track it. I really appreciated her efforts and THANK YOU JEN!
And now it’s time for some details about Foodie Penpals. In case you’re a new reader, here’s a reminder of what the program is all about:
-On the 5th of every month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
-You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
-The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
-You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
-Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you are to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
-Foodie Penplas is open to US, Canadian & European residents. Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only. Same with Europeans. We’ve determined things might get too slow and backed up if we’re trying to send foods through customs across the border from US to Canada and vice versa.
You must submit your information by July 4th as pairings will be emailed on July 5th!